Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Flies

An old farmer was hauling a load of manure, one day, when he was stopped by a state trooper.
"You were speeding," the cop said. "I'm going to have to give you a ticket."
"Yep," the farmer said as he watched the trooper shoo away several flies.
"These flies sure are terrible," the trooper complained.
"Yep," the farmer said. "Them are circle flies."
"What's a circle fly?"
"Them flies that circle a horse's ass," answered the farmer. "Them are circle flies."
"You wouldn't be calling me a horse's ass, would you?" the trooper angrily asked.
"Nope! I'm not," the farmer replied. "But you just can't fool them flies."

8 comments:

morbid misanthrope said...

Pretty gutsy comment for the farmer to make. Hopefully, after the cop beat him within an inch of his life, he was able to get a few free beers for telling his story at the local watering hole.

NewYorkMoments said...

No interspecies sex???

badgerbob said...

Morb, interesting perspective. I was thinking how cool it would be, if the cop just laughed, and offered the farmer a drink , from the bottle he was probably carrying around in his squad car. Or they shared a bong hit, from a recently seized drug raid.

Nym, maybe I should just come over and you can try it for yourself.

Willow, wise words. You should write a novel.

NewYorkMoments said...

Don't tease me.

drunkbh said...

I didn't realize flies were so smart.

morbid misanthrope said...

I guess, badgerbob, that would make you more of an optimist whereas I'm more of a negative nelly - as my mother used to say when she was throwing rocks at me in the driveway.

Anonymous said...

chuckle

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »