Thursday, May 18, 2006

Law-Dogs

A lawyer's dog, running around town unleashed, ran into a butcher shop and ran off with a roast. The butcher went to the lawyer's office and asked, "if a dog running loose steals a piece of meat from my store, do I have a right to demand payment, for the meat, from the dog's owner?"
The lawyer replied, "Absolutely!"
"Then you owe me $8.50. Your dog was loose and stole a roast from my shop today."
The lawyer, without a word, made out a check to the butcher for $8.50.
The butcher, feeling very satisfied, returned to his shop.
Three days later, the butcher received a bill from the lawyer.
It said, "Amount due for consultation; $100 dollars."

5 comments:

NewYorkMoments said...

I always knew I should have become a lawyer.

morbid misanthrope said...

I would have been a lawyer if I didn't have so many moral problems with the job. I'll have to find a more honest, respectable profession. I don't know, something like barnyard animal rapist...

Woo-hoo! Burn on lawyers!

badgerbob said...

Nym, you still can be.

Morb, why limit yourself to barnyards?

NewYorkMoments said...

I'm thinking about it...

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Accessory avenue buick park Xpress rx phentermine adipex 37.5mg fedex