Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Excuses

One morning, a General walked outside to inspect a platoon of soldiers, who should have returned from a 24 hr pass, but couldn't find any of them . After a moment, he saw one running through the gates, and the soldier ran up to him, panting heavily.
The general barked, "where the hell is the rest of your platoon , soldier?"
Sorry, sir! I can explain, you see I had a date and it ran a little late. I ran to the bus but missed it. I hailed a cab but it broke down, found a farm, bought a horse but it dropped dead. I ran the last 10 miles, and now I'm here."
The General was skeptical about this explanation, but he let the G.I. off with a stern warning, more concerned with the whereabouts of the rest of his men.
Moments later, eight more G.I.s ran up to the general panting. He asked them why they were late.
"Sorry, sir! We all had dates, that ran a little late. We ran to the bus but missed it. We hailed a cab but it broke down, found a farm, and bought horses, but they dropped dead. We ran the last 10 miles, and now we're here."
The General eyed them, skeptical, and very annoyed, but since he let the first guy go, he let them go, too.
As he was turning to go back inside, another G.I. jogged up to him, panting heavily. "Sorry, sir! I had a date and it ran a little late, I ran to the bus but missed it, I hailed a cab but..."
"Let me guess," the General interrupted, "it broke down."
"No," said the G.I.
"There were so many dead horses in the road, it took forever to get around them."

6 comments:

NewYorkMoments said...

Good one, Badgerbob. Which reminds me...it's Fleet Week in NYC. Meh. It's scary really----most of these guys are really small.

morbid misanthrope said...

That was a good one. There's something inherently funny about piles of dead animals. Perhaps it's from back in our cavemen days where our ancestors danced to celebrate piles of dead critters they were going to eat.

badgerbob said...

Willow, at a loss for words?
Don't you mean that you are at a loss for some of your marbles?

Nym, begs the question...Just how small are they??

Morb, I might add that horse flesh is quite popular in France. I wonder if the French would dance around a dead horse? Because it would mirror a pile of dead critters, in size?

morbid misanthrope said...

You know what else is popular in France? Acting like stuck-up assholes.

Anonymous said...

Generally the French are unfriendly unless you speak French. Must be all the horse meat they have been eating.

I'll bet the General was French. Only the French would understand the horse language of the soldiers.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Parks camping Generic adderall 20 mg