Monday, February 13, 2006

CANADIANS

A Somali arrives in Toronto. He is a new immigrant to Canada. He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says, "Thank you Mr.Canadian for letting me in this country!"
But the passer-by says "You are mistaken, I am Mexican".
The man goes on and encounters another passer-by. "Thank you for having me to such a beautiful country of Canada! "
The person says "I no Canadian, I Vietnamese."
The new arrival walks further, and the next person he sees he stops, shakes his hand and says "Thank you for the wonderful Canada.
That person puts up his hand and says "I am from Middle East, I am not a Canadian.
He finally sees a nice lady and asks suspiciously, "Are you a Canadian?"
She says, "No, I am from Jamaica!"
So he is puzzled, and asks her, "Where are all the Canadians?"
The Jamaican lady looks at her watch, shrugs, and says..."Probably at work."

4 comments:

NewYorkMoments said...

Just substitute Canadian for New Yorker.

Actually---most immigrants here work. They drive taxis and work in delis, bodegas, and dry cleaners.

And none of them understand English.

badgerbob said...

Not much point in learning English, when the main language will soon be mexican, with arabic a close second, followed by hindu, or some other gosforsaken gibberish. Give me a good old native indian, with a thick gutteral acccent, fine tuned from drinking numerous bottles of whiskey, anyday.
OOps! I forgot, we killed most of them ,back in the last century, when we were stealing their lands, and poisoning them with chicken- pox infested blankets. Not to mention, killing off the buffalo, their main food supply.

NewYorkMoments said...

That's OK. I'm going to move to London anyway once they take away my reproductive rights here.

Oooops, I forgot, they speak hindu there now, don't they?

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info http://www.guide-loss-product-weight.info Toyota australia tax Grass tennis courts bristoluk Dollhouse kitchen sets subaru outback slush mats Reasons for paying debts on time http://www.chrysler-neon-7.info