Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Gorilla

One day, while at home, watching television , a man heard a noise on his roof and rushed out to investigate. He saw a large gorilla tearing the shingles off the roof, promptly called the local zoo, and told them that one of their animals had escaped. He was reassured that a gorilla recovery unit was on the way and to remain calm. A few minutes later, an old beat up truck, pulled up to the house. An old man got out and proceeded to remove items from the back of the truck. He pulled out a chihuahua , a pair of handcuffs, a ladder, a baseball bat and a 12 gauge shotgun. Puzzled at how this old guy was going to solve the problem of the gorilla, who had by now torn apart half the roof, the guy asked him what the plan was. The old man handed him the .12 gauge shotgun, and explained the plan: 'First I'll climb up on the ladder, then I'll approach the gorilla and knock him off the roof using the baseball bat. As soon as the gorilla hits the ground, the specially trained chihuahua will attack his privates .' 'When I get back on the ground, the gorilla will have lowered it's hands to it's groin area to protect itself. This will make it easy for me to slip the handcuffs on.' 'Then, I'll lead him to the truck, lock him up, and take him back to the zoo.'
Amazed at this idea, the man asked, "why are you giving me the shotgun?"
'Well... ' explained the old man, 'It's just a precaution, in case things don't go exactly as planned."Seeing the strange look on the homeowners face,the old man explained," In the unlikely event that the gorilla knocks me off the roof, Shoot the chihuahua!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never met a gorilla, but I have a brother who's a big Baboon.