Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Consultant

Once upon a time there was a sheepherder tending his sheep at the edge of a country road . Suddenly a shiny new SUV skidded to a halt next to him. The driver, a young man dressed in an expensive suit, leather shoes, Ray-Bans , Rolex wristwatch and a silk tie, jumped out and asked the herder "If I guess how many sheep you have, can I have one of them?"The herder looked at the young man, then looked at the sprawling herd of grazing sheep and said "Okay."
The young man parked the SUV, connected his notebook and wireless modem, entered a NASA site, scanned the ground using satellite imagery , opened a database filled with algorithms, then printed a 150 page report on his high-tech mini printer. He turned to the herder and said "You have exactly 1,586 sheep here."
The herder, shaking his head in disgust, said " Damn! You are right. Pick out the one you like."
The young man, smiling triumphantly, took a few minutes to scan the herd, picked out one he liked and put it in the back of his vehicle.As he was preparing to drive away, the herder looked at him and asked "Now, if I guess your profession, will you pay me back in kind?"
The young man answered "Sure."
The herder said immediately "You are a consultant."
"Well yes! How did you know?" asked the young man.
"Simple," replied the herder. "First you came here without being invited. Second, you charged me a fee to tell me something I already knew. Third, you don't know shit about the sheep business.
Now, may I please have my dog back?"

6 comments:

babyjewels said...

Even funnier for me cuz I work for a consultant. :)

morbid misanthrope said...

Much of the same could be said about marketing executives.

Anonymous said...

You must be one weird guy to be able to come up with such wacky jokes.

LisaBinDaCity said...

I liked that one!

Anonymous said...

That sounds great, but I've seen very different opinions of soft contact lens

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.