Monday, January 23, 2006

Texas

A cowboy rode into town and stopped at a saloon for a drink. Unfortunately, the locals had a habit of picking on strangers. So when he finished his drink, he found his horse had been stolen.
He went back into the bar, flipped his gun into the air, caught it above his head and fired a shot into the ceiling.
''WHICH ONE OF YOU STINKIN SIDEWINDERS STOLE MY HORSE?'' he yelled.
No one answered.
''ALL RIGHT, I'M GONNA HAVE ANOTHER BEER, AND IF MY HORSE AIN'T BACK OUTSIDE BY THE TIME I FINISH, I'M GONNA DO WHAT I DONE IN TEXAS! AND I DON'T WANT TO BE FORCED, TO DO WHAT I DONE IN TEXAS!''
Some of the locals shifted restlessly.
The cowboy had another beer, walked outside, and found that his horse was back! He saddled up and started to ride out of town.
The bartender wandered out of the bar and asked, ''Say partner, before you go. . .what happened in Texas?''
The cowboy looked back at him, and said, ''I had to walk home.''