Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Helping Hand

A man and his wife are awakened, at 3o'clock in the morning by a loud pounding on the door. The man gets up
and goes to the door where a drunken stranger, standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push.

"Not a chance," says the husband, "it is 3 o'clock in the morning! He slams the door and returns to bed.
Who was that?" asked his wife.
Just some drunk guy asking for a push," he answers.
Did you help him? She asks
No, I did not, it is 3 o'clock in the morning and it is pouring out there!"
"Well, you have a short memory," says his wife. "Can't you remember, about three months ago when we broke down,
and those two guys helped us? I think you should help him, and you should be Ashamed of yourself!"

The man does as he is told, gets dressed, and goes out into the pounding rain. He calls out into the dark, "Hello, are
you still there?"
"Yes" comes back the answer.
"Do you still need a push?", calls out the husband.
"Yes, please!" comes the reply from the dark.
"Where are you?" asks the husband
"Over here on the swing!", replies the drunk.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Badgerbob, that reminds me of the night that you asked me for a push, and then got pissed off at me because you woke up at the bottom of the ravine with some cuts and bruises, and ONE compund fracture.

You were always an ungrateful swine.

badgerbob said...

I didn't ask you for a push. I asked you to shoosh, because your incessant muttering was driving me insane. But thanks for clearing that up for me. I figured that you were just evil, but now I see, that it was all just a big misunderstanding. That makes walking with a cane, so much easier.

Anonymous said...

Well if the cane is not working out for you Badgerbob Smellypants,and you'd prefer crutches or a walker, just ask me for another push and I'll be more than happy to oblige.

badgerbob said...

Spoken like a true psycho. I haven't heard from Wesley Weasilkiller in a long time. I hope he hasn't crossed your path, and been shoved down an abandoned well.

Anonymous said...

lol... one good turn deserves another..

NewYorkMoments said...

I have trouble pumping my legs when I drink too much.

BD said...

Ah, thats a good turn...

badgerbob said...

Why would you be pumping your legs???

NewYorkMoments said...

Why don't you come over here & find out.

morbid misanthrope said...

That's similar to the beginning of The Mothman Prophecies, except in that, they were tire-swinging at 3 am to catch aliens.