Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Skydiving

A blind man was describing his favorite sport, parachuting. When asked how this was accomplished, he said that things were all done for him:
"I am placed in the door with my seeing eye dog and told when to jump. My hand is placed on my release ring for me and out I go with the dog."

"But how do you know when you are going to land?" he was asked.
"I have a very keen sense of smell, and I can smell the trees and grass when I am 300 feet from the ground" he answered.
"But how do you know when to lift your legs for the final arrival on the ground?" he was again asked.
He quickly answered: "Oh, the dog's leash goes slack."

5 comments:

NewYorkMoments said...

Not funny, badgerbob. Can you rank on lawyers again, please? Or how about those bastard terrorists?

Anonymous said...

There is a market for dog meat in China, Taiwan and Korea, just in case the blind skydiver wonders how he's going to hide the evidence of his misdeeds.

badgerbob said...

Nym, spoken like a true dog lover.

Bayi, dog is also quite popular in the Philippines.
Puppies often disappear overnight, only to show up as breakfast. I have found that dog meat is actually quite tasty, if you are not aware of it while eating. It goes well with a bowl of rice, and beans. Having only tried Golden Retriever, and White Samoan, I don't consider myself an expert.
I must say though, that I am not fond of cats. For a useless animal that does nothing but lay around all day,I find it's meat to be tough and stringy.

morbid misanthrope said...

It's always encouraging when the handy-capable are able to do things just like normal people.

Anonymous said...

Badger

Now I remember. I overheard someone talking about a tasty dog meat burger on the menu of the McDonalds in the Philippines!