Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Lawyers


A lawyer went on a duck hunting trip to rural Minnesota. He shot a bird and it fell into a farm field on the other side of a fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor, and asked him what he was doing. The lawyer responded,"I shot a duck and it fell into this field, and now I'm going to retrieve it."
The old farmer replied,"This is my property,and you are not coming over here. The lawyer, indignantly said."I'm one of the best trial attorneys in New York, and if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything you own."
The old farmer smiled and said, "Aparrently, you don't know how we settle disputes out here. We have something called the Minnesota Three Kick Rule."
The lawyer asked,"What's that?" The farmer replied,"Well, because the dispute occurs on my land, first I kick you three times, and then you kick me three times, and so on, and so forth, back and forth until someone gives up." The attorney thought about this for a moment, decided that he could easily take the old codger, and agreed to abide by the local custom.
The old farmer smiled, slowly climbed down from the tractor, and walked up to the lawyer. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy ,steel-toed, boot into the lawyer's groin. His second kick to, the midriff, sent the lawyer's last meal gushing from his mouth. The barrister was on all fours, when the farmer's third kick ,to his rear end, sent him face-first into a fresh cow pie. The lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to struggle to his feet. Wiping his face, with the arm of his jacket, he said, "Okay, you old coot. Now it's my turn.
The old farmer smiled and said, " Naw, I give up. You can have the duck."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lawyer calls his client to tell him about his fee schedule.

"Alright," the lawyer says looking through his papers. "You owe me $1000 down and $417.58 cents each month for the next thirty-six months.

"What! That sounds like a car payment schedule," retorted the client.

"Your right. It's mine."

Rue said...

A resonse to your comment on my blog:

If you don't give a shit why are you resonding?
I am not "commenting on how evil you are there in the USA." I have nothing against Americans, just this administration. Alot of American Bloogers feel the same way.It's not that I "love the muslims so much" but that I understand that not all
muslims are like the extreemists committing these acts of terror. By this very statement you've made you obviously can't tell the difference.
I think you should really be careful about the "rescue" statement. Keep in mind our fine millitary ( and yes it is still fine, just well spent and not wasted)were in both world wars well before yours were. If thier intent was to "rescue" anyone it would have been much MORE successful if they had started a few years sooner.

You might keep in mind that you responded to a post where I simply quoted one of your fellow Americans. If his are the kind of ethics you yourself are proud of than I feel you sir, could do with some further education.

badgerbob said...

Ouch! ....I noticed that your next post is quoting me,the badger. Another great american.

LisaBinDaCity said...

HARUMPH Badger Bob,

You deleted my comment??? POUT :-)

badgerbob said...

lisab, I didn't see your comment on here,and would never delete a comment by anyone.
Regards.

LisaBinDaCity said...

I stand corrected Badger Bob. My apologies. Dang blogger thingy ate my post.

I don't remember my comment anymore but I remember I laughed at the joke :-)

Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Ijoy massage chair Baseball fan pic Medical malpractice lawyer norfolk Stocks terms financial planning Does stopping depakote cause withdrawal symptoms Backpacks computer school kia Effets of hiking